With this article, I’m excited to announce the new monthly collaboration with Céline Debray, founder and owner of the inspiring bookshop Sérendipité.ch. Recently selected within the 5 best independent bookstores by the French cultural magazine Les Inrocks, Sérendipité provides readings from all over the world on a large variety of topics, in rare issues, small series and even collectors’ editions.
Each month, we’ll prepare a special selection of books and magazines on specific themes, from design to travel, branding and so much more. Thus, we hopefully offer you an endless source of inspiration.
As the summer has just arrived, let’s explore the inside/outside possibilities.
At the time of the year, adventure is calling! While looking to relax far away from the urban hustle and bustle, cabins are a great way to find peace in an extraordinary setting.
Lost in the forest or on lakeshores, these nature retreats have become increasingly popular and there are options for every taste, from rural to architectural, in Europe or over the Atlantic. To slow down and rethink your lifestyle during the summer, treat yourself with an unexpected getaway.
With this June selection, your wanderlust will be satisfied and your next trip probably booked!
- Tree houses: When childhood fantasy comes true! Climb on the tree and from the shelter, enjoy a new perspective on the world.
- Hide and Seek: Clean lines or architectural wonders, have a look at the most stunning nature retreats and get inspired by these well-designed interiors.
- Cabin porn: Back to the essential! Longing for a simpler existence, these rural escapes get you closer to nature in a warm and friendly atmosphere.
- A woman’s huts and hideaways: Over 40 women have creating their own refuge and invite you to enter into their private cabins.
- The new nomads: Rethinking your lifestyle, discover a life on the move. Take to the open road with these nomadic home solutions.
- Anthology: inside / outside and The great outdoors, this two issues dedicated to the outdoor living are very rare. Sérendipity has gathered the issues of the timeless lifestyle magazine that is not longer published. A few collector’s volumes are luckily still to be found at Sérendipité.
- Pure Green Magazine: Get ready for outdoor adventures and go a journey into the wild. The magazine is also a collector, as it’s not published anymore. Hurry up if you want to catch the last volumes.
- The plant: Celebrating the beauty of nature! Green thumbs or flowers lovers will be delighted by all the tips and the pictures.
Among the reference books on this topic, Cabins invites you to discover breathtaking hideaways.
Céline’s recommendation goes for Cabin porn, must-read book based on a blog that presents a great collection of getaways for nature lovers. The magazine Anthology is also among her favourites thanks to the quality and variety of its content.
For all the travelers and life explorers, it is time to get out there. Let the summer be inspiring and full of discoveries!
Of course, you can order all these publications online and if you prefer to browse through these high-quality books and magazines, just pay a visit to la Superette by Sérendipité in Chexbres, a not-to-be-missed address.