For its winter exhibition, the gallery kissthedesign has chosen to warm up the atmosphere with beautiful lamps, mirrors and golden surfaces. Under the theme Light & Reflection many designer pieces and contemporary artworks have been carefully chosen with the aim to dress the refined, yet creative homes.
WTSS CURATED SELECTION
Among the elegant mid-century furniture and the creations of Swiss artists that will be showcased, the WTSS curated selection presents inspiring design publications and minimalist home accessories created by emerging Swiss designers. The sleek design and clean lines of these pieces contrast with the noble materials they are made of and thus, add an understated luxury feel to the interior.
Made of white Parthenon marble and one-way mirrors, the See Right Through Me Mirror by Isabell Gatzen plays with light and reflection and enables the viewer to see through it. The 3 pieces combine with each other in order to add an eye-catching dynamic to any room.
The Charles coat hooks by Nikolas Kerl subtly associate unfinished ash wood and polished marble. While the two materials complete each other perfectly, this combination reveals the striking colour of the stone, may it be black, white or green marble.
© Edition Nikolas Kerl
For the occasion, a special selection of design publications has been made in collaboration with Celine Debray, founder of Sérendipité.ch. From Swiss design to Nordic brands, these books and magazines offers a panorama of the modern design and interior culture.
- Edited by USM, Personalities showcases extraordinary living and working spaces from around the world! As individual as the USM modular furniture system can be, these interiors tell the story of their owners. In German and English.
- New Nordic Design is an ode to Scandinavian design. This guide presents all the Nordic brands from the classics to the new comers as well as the design hotels and restaurants. In English.
- The Chamber of Curiosity is a captivating selection of stunning interiors. Get inspired by entering these eccentric, very personal and fascinating spaces. In English.
- Inventario explores creation in all its forms. This magazine gathers projects of all disciplines that run on creativity. In English and Italian.
- For Les Oracles du Design, the renowned trend forecaster Lidewij Edelkoort brings together a collection of previously unpublished images that show everyday objects in a new way. Lidewij Edelkoort shares her enlightened perspective on design, furniture and materials. In French.
LIGHT & REFLECTION
For this winter show, the gallery kissthedesign reserves you many beautiful surprises such as the VPT&C ceramic collection by Swiss designer Dimitri Bähler – Volumes, Patterns, Textures & Colors – that has recently been awarded by the Grand Prize of the Courtrai Biennale Interieur Awards 2016,
The stunning Thanks for the Sun lamp by Rotterdam-based designer Arnout Meijer sculpts light to replicate the sunshine shifts, from bright white to warmer and more smoothing hues.
©Erik & Petra Hesmerg
In the spotlight, the sculpture La tendresse des pierres II made of porcelain and neon tubes by the Swiss ceramist artist Laure Gonthier, will catch all the attention.
Specialised in mid-century design furniture, the gallery kissthedesign will also showcase many designer pieces like the Satellite pendants created by Mathieu Mategot and re-edited by Gubi.
The iconic lamps designed by Michel Buffet and re-edited by Ligne de Démarcation as well as the new Astep collection will be presented for the first time in Switzerland during the exhibition.
And now, let’s celebrate! You are very welcome to join us for the opening night on Thursday November 10, as of 18.30pm. We look forward to seeing you there!
GALLERY KISSTHEDESIGN – Avenue de Rumine 4, 1005 Lausanne – Switzerland