This article is made in collaboration with Céline Debray, founder and owner of the inspiring bookshop Sérendipité.ch. Selected within the 5 best independent bookstores by the French cultural magazine Les Inrocks, Sérendipité provides readings from all over the world on a large variety of topics, in rare issues, small series and even collectors’ editions.
Each month, we prepare a special selection of books and magazines on specific themes, from design to travel, branding and so much more. Thus, we hopefully offer you an endless source of inspiration.
For Christmas, we’ve gathered books and magazines that will delight interior design enthusiasts.
Beautiful homes, designer’s interviews, essays on iconic furniture pieces, these publications focus on all aspects of the interior culture. Discover what make these homes cosy, trendy, minimalist or sophisticated.
- Kinfolk Home: Slow living at its best. Simply beautiful or beautifully simple, these 35 homes reflect the key principles of the movement… focusing on what matters most. In English. CHF 49.-.
- Northern Delights: Timeless and functional, these Scandinavian interiors celebrate natural light. Or when the Nordic understated style meets sustainable design tradition! In English. CHF 59.-.
- Design Anthology: Dive into this inspiring magazine that showcases creative projects from art and interior design to architecture and travel, always with stunning pictures and interesting point of views. In English. CHF 19.-.
- Scandinavia Dreaming: After Northern Delights, this second opus presents the rich variety of Scandinavian interiors and the evolution of Nordic design. So much beauty in a book! In English. CHF 49.-.
- Dezeen Book of Interview: 45 influential figures in architecture and design from around the world are featured in this book. Get to know these talented and inspiring people, their creative approach and vision. In English. CHF 22.-
- Dirty Furniture: this biannual design magazine studies one furniture piece at the time and reveals the relationship between people and the things they live with. Discover what happens when this home accessories leaves the showroom. In English. CHF 26.-.
Among the WTSS design selection presented within the winter exhibition « Light & Reflection » at the gallery Kissthedesign, these 5 publications also offers a great panorama of the modern design and interior culture.
- Edited by USM, Personalities showcases extraordinary living and working spaces from around the world! As individual as the USM modular furniture system can be, these interiors tell the story of their owners. In German and English. CHF 56.-
- New Nordic Design is an ode to Scandinavian design. This guide presents all the Nordic brands from the classics to the new comers as well as the design hotels and restaurants. In English. CHF 39.-
- The Chamber of Curiosity is a captivating selection of stunning interiors. Get inspired by entering these eccentric, very personal and fascinating spaces. In English. CHF 56.-
- Inventario explores creation in all its forms. This magazine gathers projects of all disciplines that run on creativity. In English and Italian. CHF 21.-
- For Les Oracles du Design, the renowned trend forecaster Lidewij Edelkoort brings together a collection of previously unpublished images that show everyday objects in a new way. Lidewij Edelkoort shares her enlightened perspective on design, furniture and materials. In French. CHF 35.-
Offering inspiration has never been so easy! For sure, there will be some lucky ones at Christmas, this year.
Photography: ©Geraldine Morand