This article is made in collaboration with Céline Debray, founder and owner of the inspiring bookshop Sérendipité.ch. Selected within the 5 best independent bookstores by the French cultural magazine Les Inrocks, Sérendipité provides readings from all over the world on a large variety of topics, in rare issues, small series and even collectors’ editions.
Each month, we prepare a special selection of books and magazines on specific themes, from design to travel, branding and so much more. Thus, we hopefully offer you an endless source of inspiration.
While waiting for Spring, it is all about enlightening the interior atmosphere with a vegetal touch. That’s why you’ll find here a selection of books and magazines that will help you get a green thumb.
Pantone colour of the year, greenery takes over all living spaces, in its most natural way. Succulents, cactus, flowers, there is a plant for everyone’s taste. It’s time to go green!
Designed by Lisa Glatz et Clemence Dubuis, the interior of Lausanne’s new vegetarian restaurant Bad Hunter perfectly matches this green philosophy. Above the central stairs, plants are hanging from the wooden structure recalling a greenhouse. On top, succulents and vegetal prints also decorate the tables and the shelves.
To create your own urban jungle, get inspired by this stunning reads.
- Evergreen is an ode to living with plants, from rooftop gardens to flowery backyards. With its beautiful pictures, it is a great source of inspiration that shows how greens warm up the atmosphere of any space. For a local touch, discover the work of Swiss photographer Samuel Zeller featured in this book. In English.
- Urban Jungle, written by the founders of Urban Jungle Bloggers, Igor Josifovic and Judith de Graaff, reveals plenty of practical tips and plant styling ideas. It takes you on a home tour to discover beautiful interiors across Europe. Having a green thumb has never been so easy! In English or in German.
- Greenterior features 18 plant-loving creatives and their home, from Antwerp to New York. Sharing their passion for greens, they invite you to enter their urban jungle. The book also contains a handy index listing all the plants in the photographs, including their specific characteristics. In English and in Dutch.
- Living with plants. As in a poetry book, Caroline Gomez presents delicate and inspiring interiors invaded by plants. Be aware, this collection of beautiful pictures will make you fall in love with greens. In French and English.
- The Plant celebrates the beauty of nature! With its botanical articles, great insights on plants and useful tips, this journal will delight greens and flowers lovers. In English.
- The city of flowers. With this serie, Paumes edition explores the art of floral decoration, always in a creative and poetic way. In Japanese.
Fancy more greens? House of Plants and Design in Bloom complete this collection that will lead you towards a more vegetal world.
Get your green journey started!
Photography: ©Geraldine Morand
A big thank you to the Bad Hunter’s team for welcoming us.